I am just an amateur go player. Go is not very well known in The Netherlands and other European or Western countries. Anything which helps raise familiarity among the broader public and spreads knowledge about the game I consider to be positive.
I think the appreciation for the game, in all respects, is enhanced if there would also be more knowledge and information about nice go materials (goishi, goke, goban, other). There was not yet a website specially designed and dedicated to nice go materials which gives a attractive array and display of beautiful go materials.
The main focus of the website (www.goishi.nl) is towards the photo album. The idea is to visualize nice go materials and thereby bringing more atmosphere to go players, enhancing the go playing experience and broadening appreciation for both the game and the materials.
Means of the project: All means are used.
Geographic extension: Internet: dedicated website
Aim and purposes:
- Help increase familiarity and knowledge about the game of go
- Provide easy access point for information and photo's
- Promote knowledge and spread information about go and go materials
- Help promote the appreciation for the game, history, culture and craftmanship
- Enhance player experience
- Be visually appealing to website visitors (album)
Intended target groups:
- General public
- Any go enthusiast from all over the world
- Since the start till to date, there have been 15,240 page views from visitors from all over the world. This is much, much more than I could have imagined
- Weekly 200 - 600 page views
- Several links and postings on various websites and online go related forums
- Announcement in go bulletin of the Dutch Go Association
- Very positive and stimulating feedback from visitors
- First search result on Google NL for search term 'goishi'
- Fourth search result on Google.com (international) for search term 'goishi'
See also above. Several mailings and postings.
Till now, this is a personal effort by Sybo Bruinsma, born out of hobby and personal interest. I have incurred all cost and time myself. Since the start, numerous hours were spent:
- Setting up the website
- Obtaining material, photo's, information (very time consuming)
- Promoting the website internationally by mailings and postings
- Maintaining and updating the website
- Correspondance with go players from all over the world
- Making photo's myself
All cost and time was incurred by Sybo Bruinsma personally. No subsidies, grants, gifts from others. Main out-of-pocket expenses relate to setting up and hosting the website.
Depends. I would very much like to extend and prolong the website:
- More information, more web pages
- More photo's
- Perhaps provide English version
- Perhaps: newsletter
- Incorporating better statistics
- Continous promotion through mailings and postings
However, (personal) cost and time is becoming prohibitive. Future extended development depends on obtaining funds and general support.
- Financial support
- General support.
More information on request. All questions and suggestions are welcomed.